By Nathan Barton
As we near the triumphal coronation – whoops, inauguration – of the next Massa (POTUS), it might be good to think about how many things he has been accused of being, which make him unfit for that office.
1. ⃝ Declared him a racist. (Just like Lincoln and Wilson.)
2. ⃝ Declared him a sexist/misogynist. (Just like Teddy and LBJ.)
3. ⃝ Declared him a commie (Russian) lover. (Just like FDR and Wilson.)
4. ⃝ Declared him a Russian tool/fool and/or stooge. (Just like FDR.)
5. ⃝ Declared him a sexual predator. (Just like FDR and Ike and JFK and LBJ and Clinton and…)
6. ⃝ Declared him a loser sure to destroy the GOP’s chances of ever winning another election. (Just like Hoover and Teddy.)
7. ⃝ Declared him to be nothing but a fake-reality television personality/celebrity. (Just like JFK, sorta.)
8. ⃝ Declared him to be a security risk and incapable of keeping a secret. (Just like Ford.)
9. ⃝ Declared him an incestuous pedophile. (Just like Jefferson and Jackson were accused of.)
10. ⃝ Declared him to be a greedy opportunist that would try to grab every dime he could from government programs while he is in office, to increase his wealth. (Anyone look at how much the guy in there now had when he was first elected to office? Or Clinton?)
11. ⃝ Declared him to be a complete incompetent, unethical scumbag who cozened all these states to vote him into office. (Duh. Dubya. Harding.)
12. ⃝ Declared him to be a fascist. (FDR, Nixon)
13. ⃝ Declared him to be a Twittering fool. (Gotta admit, that’s a new one.)
Okay, that is quite a list. Now, let us look at how many efforts have been made to deny him the office he won, or render him meaningless and powerless when in that office.
1. ⃝ Tried to get the Republican convention to nominate anyone else.
2. ⃝ Even after the convention, tried to get the RNC to replace him as candidate.
3. ⃝ Tried to get electors in the College to vote “ABBT.” (Anybody but Trump.) Even threatened to kill some of them.
4. ⃝ Tried to get the courts to say that electors could break the law and vote for anyone else.
5. ⃝ Tried to get recounts done in various states.
6. ⃝ Called for, and in several cases tried to assassinate him.
7. ⃝ Tried to claim the Russians hacked the election so he could win.
8. ⃝ Tried to claim the Russians hacked Hillary and the DNC so he could win.
9. ⃝ Tried to get the courts to declare him unfit for office.
10. ⃝ Now trying to get his cabinet and Congress to declare him unfit for office.
11. ⃝ Now trying to get Congress to impeach him as soon as he takes office.
12. ⃝ Now trying to disrupt and prevent the inauguration from taking place to keep him out of office.
13. ⃝ Now calling for a military coup if he takes office.
I don’t think that any incoming POTUS has ever generated such ire and passion. Or fear. Indeed, the next few weeks and months will be very interesting.
Mama’s Note: Well, so far so good. The swearing in is done and Trump is off to the racetrack of history. So far, no civil war on the streets of DC. No bombing from N. Korea. And, curiously, not a single word in any of the major news feeds about this big “woman’s” march. It has mostly been reported by foreign news sources, which is another curious thing. In any case, don’t take your eye off the ball. It’s going to be a rough game.