Our greetings for a happy Thanksgiving, despite government and all the rest. Rejoice in the liberty we have, and work to restore what we have lost. Debby, Gareth and Andrea, Matthias and Kaylynn and I are all praying for you and your family and business, and working and praying for more liberty.
We are doing well, and thankful to the Lord for so much, especially in this continuing time of trouble and so much fear and loss of liberty. Remember we have much to be thankful for, no matter what happens in Pierre or Denver or DC.
As lovers and advocates of liberty, we have the liberty to celebrate the manmade, American holiday of Thanksgiving. We know that the intent has always been to thank God, not just people, but at the same time, we know that our unbelieving friends and comrades in the cause of liberty also enjoy this holiday and thanking other people. As believers and followers of Christ, we here at The Price of Liberty still thank God for the help, encouragement, and support of those who believe differently from us.
So here are thirteen things to be thankful for in 2022:
1. Relative peace at home in the Fifty States and the European Union and British Commonwealth and much of the free world, and not having to endure a real insurrection or attempt to violently destroy our system (yet).
2. Our remaining liberties and freedoms, still greater than those enjoyed by most of the 8 billion people on this planet. Among those being the opportunity to worship (or not worship) as we see fit, to be able to read and study what we want, and to therefore take advantage of the billions of hours of study and discussion and discovery done by others around the world and for all of world history.
3. Our blessing of material wealth (especially but not just in the Fifty States), relative to every past generation, and again far more than that enjoyed by most of the 8 billion people of the world. Lovers of liberty here in the States, in Europe, in the Commonwealth, and in many other places are incredibly wealthy by the standards of the past.
4. The efforts and sacrifices of previous generations who have preserved and tried to pass on individual liberty to their descendants and us, no matter how short of the mark they (and we) were.
5. The geopolitical advantages we enjoy in the Fifty States and North America, and the seas and skies around us: geography, resources, climate, and so much more.
6. The opportunities we have to daily work in a voluntary way with countless other people to our mutual benefit, however much government seeks to deny us that essential liberty – one of free association.
7. The blessing of having family and friends around us and with us, and in close communication that was impossible until less than half-a-century ago.
8. The ability we have to see through the irrational claims of those who are enemies of liberty – no matter what label they wear: Republican or Democrat, Green or racist, woke or conservative, liberal or progressive. And fellow lovers of liberty – the alternative media and others – willing to help us see this.
9. More opportunities than ever to live free in an unfree world thanks to technology, the mutual, voluntary efforts of us all to share freedom, around the globe.
10. Recent events, which have again given us the potential for gridlock in DC to delay or even prevent the attempt to further steal away our material wealth, our future prosperity, and our liberty.
11. The opportunities we have been given in the past year to prepare for increased efforts by all sorts of people and their groups to steal those things from us, and increase our subjection to parasites and the powers-that-be.
12. The further technological and organizational inventions that have made us closer to launching ourselves from this planet of our birth into the freedom and wealth of the Solar System and more of the universe, providing us the useable power we need, and better utilization of the resources we have.
13. The opportunity to take advantage of all these things and continue to work for liberty – for our own and that of others – in a new year ahead.
This Thanksgiving and beyond, into the holiday season, join us to remember and give thanks for the liberty we DO have, and the failure of so many attempts to steal that away. And to remember that there is hope for peace, prosperity, and more in the future because of what we have now.