Good-bye from MamaLiberty

As you may have already noticed, Nathan Barton has taken over publishing The Price of Liberty. He has been my faithful friend, critic and moral support over at least the last 20 years, and I couldn’t say enough about that if I wrote for a week.

I won’t be involved any more because I am dying of an aggressive cancer and have little idea how much time I have left. I am blessed with a wonderful family and many good neighbors and friends, so will not be alone or lonesome in that process.

If you truly want to “do something” to help, please give Nathan your support and encouragement. He won’t have an editor now, so gently help him with typos and things since I can’t do so any longer.

The Price of Liberty was established on Oct. 3, 2003. I hope it will continue for a long time. Thanks to you.

MamaLiberty

This entry was posted in Mama's Rants, Welcome/information message. Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Good-bye from MamaLiberty

1. Joe aka "typeay" says:

They say Marines don’t cry. This former Marine just watched several tears slowly drop into the dusty recesses of his keyboard. I’ll cherish the exchanges we had batting electrons and freedom concepts back and forth at FSW and a few other well-worn web sites over the years. I’ll also state for the record I’m very, very, sorry we never met in person. Please tell my first wife hello when you see her. The blasted C word took her when she was only 36. Thank you for a lifetime of healing, helping, and making people aware.

• MamaLiberty says:

As a “Marine Brat” I’d have to say that Marines don’t cry. They have been known to get a little dust in their eyes at times, of course. 🙂

Carry on, Marine. 🙂

2. Madame:

May God bless and keep you, and also comfort those in your tribe.

The grace displayed above is consistent with how you have lived.

Thank you for everything.

3. Vince says:

I had to look at the blinking cursor for a while before I could type anything. Helen and I met you only once at an FSW jam and you treated us like long lost friends. There isn’t enough good to be said about you MamaLiberty. Thank you for always being there whenever I wrote to you. You are loved and will be missed.

4. Sunny says:

Oh no! Lord have mercy! I am so sorry to hear this/ Flabbergasted is how I feel also.
    MamaLiberty, we only met once for a little while but I can truly say that you made a HUGE impression on me. I am going to miss your presence in this world for sure.
    God speed.
    sunny

5. When I saw this news, I had to explain to my girls why Daddy suddenly had uncontrollable tears.

Mama, I’ve never made a secret of my admiration for you. Years ago now you challenged me just exactly the way I needed to be challenged, in order to fully (as the saying goes) “run out of excuses” and actually embrace people as they are, not as what they think they are or (worse) what they think they should be. I am so much happier now, for doing that, and of course how could anyone manage to repay that kindness?

Well, I do know one thing I can do, and that is to pass it on–pay it forward, if you will–to my children, in the hopes that they will be able to remain at peace and calm in the turbulent world they will outlive me in. They already know who you are, and they came to comfort me when I told them the news.

Love you, Mama. You will be missed, but what you did for me, and doubtless for others too, will live on with gratitude and enthusiasm.

Thank you, for the attitude, and for your example.

Peace.

6. DiabloLoco says:

The world is losing one of it’s greatest treasures. I owe ML so much. While many others gave up on me and sought to eradicate my online presence, ML was always there with her loving kindness and tremendous patience. She is and always will be my “online Mama”. I’m a better person for having known her, and I’m infinitely proud to call her my mentor. I’m sure that many others share a similar story, as she helped so many to find and maintain the path to self-ownership and individual liberty. Those of us that can count ourselves lucky enough to have been under her tutelage can never hope to replace her. It’s not possible. She’s one of a kind. We can however, try to carry our part of her torch. Become flashes of brilliance in an increasingly dark and gloomy world. We owe it to her to try to “pay it forward” and make sure that her legacy and flame burns eternal.

DiabloLoco/DiabolousDementis

7. I was sad to hear about this today from a mutual friend. We have been so lucky to have you as a friend of the Fully Informed Jury Association and our Wyoming state contact for so long! If there is anything we can do to support you in the time still ahead of you, please do not hesitate to let us know!

Kirsten

8. Mr. Bill says:

Sorry to hear this news. Best wishes, and I hope your remaining time goes as smoothly as possible.

9. name says:

for what is worth i heard on groundzero radio a woman called in and said a few yrs ago she had breast cancer and had her breast and limp nodes removed and recently cancer showed up again , her doctor said let,s try this new thing multiply your white blood cells by the millions in the lab and inject them back in her . and the last check she had there was no cancer to be found , i hoe this works for Mama Liberty as well thanks and take care all , 🙂

10. terry grizzelle says:

been waiting to hear from you, and now it has come… a public farewell.. only known you since retired from nursing six or so years back, and what a difference you made in my journey
    thanks Susan for sharing many emails and for your wonderful stories

• terry grizzelle says:

now that I know you are truly going to that place of rest letting others have more input and not able to keep on being the ever giving person you are, I will accept your news with a sad heart yet joyful for knowing you as a penpal these past years
      and Nathan will of course have our support, the fine man that he is….

11. LibertyNews says:

You will be missed, and remembered, by all who knew you.

12. Sunni says:

Thank you for all that you’ve done for freedom, for all the support and encouragement you’ve given to allies over the years, and especially for the wonderful bonus grandma you’ve been to my kids. We’ll hold you in our hearts.

13. WolfSong says:

MamaLiberty…I’m gonna miss you.
    And I’ll think of you every time I make bread. I’ve used one of your recipes for years now. ❤
    Even if I didn't comment, I've learned so much from you and I'm so grateful for that.
    Thank you…for everything.

14. Midwestmike says:

Dear MamaLiberty, My heart goes out to you. You HAVE made a difference. As a Christian I believe this about death- This is not the end, nor the beginning of the end. Rather, it is the end of the beginning (ala Churchill). My prayers are with you as you begin the journey that will lead you to the sunset of your life (Reagan)

15. B00klegger says:

ML – my wife and I had the pleasure of meeting you back in 2013, the last FSW jamboree I believe. We enjoyed your company and conversation. Over the years we have planned to make our move to Wyo and always we’re reminded of the time we met you. Godspeed to you.

W

16. Barb says:

Love and hugs to the strongest woman I know.

17. Alan says:

Thank you so much for your guidance over the years. Perhaps someday in another life we may finally meet. Rest easy dear lady and know that a life well lived will be rewarded by the Creator.

18. Ma’am – I’m saddened to hear this. You’ve been a consistent and regular voice over a number of years at many places around the ‘web’ that I visit – all the way back to Sunni’s place. I’ve always appreciated your straightforward advocacy of self-ownership. I don’t know how you’ve had the patience to just keep laying it out – time and time again. I hope you have peace of mind and find strength and comfort as needed.

19. larryarnold says:

The Price of Liberty
    Paid in full, ML. Paid in full.

Liked by 1 person

20. Brian says:

Peter Pan says that, “Death will be a grand adventure.” Lass, may The Lord bless you with His Grace and show you on to your greatest of adventures. You have indeed blazed a trail for us all to follow.

21. Tsgt Joe says:

Dear Mama Liberty, I only know you through your writings to Joel and came to picture you-to be like my dear wife, also a loving well grounded nurse in her 70’s. Bless for the good you have given and I thank God you will start your journey with loving family and friends. Go in peace and love. Joe McDermott

22. Tricia says:

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear this. You sound so brave and I’m glad you have support to help you through this. God bless you for starting this site. You’ve made a big, positive difference in this crazy upside down world of ours. You will be missed.

23. beau says:

thank you for what you have been involved in. we are losing a good friend. you will be missed.

24. M J R says:

I honestly don’t know what to say. To put it mildly, I’m flabbergasted. I know this is something that we all will face sooner or later but you are one of the people that I had thought would be later. I hope that when your time comes, you will make your exit with peace and dignity and if there is an afterlife I hope it is a good one because that is something which warriors like you deserve.

25. czechsix says:

Godspeed to you, ML, and thank you for all you’ve done. Fighting the good fight will continue.

Rest easy, and good that you have support that will help you through this.

26. Pingback: Oh, my. We’re losing Mama Liberty. | The Ultimate Answer to Kings

27. Joel says:

I’m so sorry to hear this, ML. Thanks for all the great thoughts over the years – You’ll be missed.

J

28. Mama,

Thank you for your friendship, and for your work for liberty. I am a better person for having known you and will try to remember the things you taught me long after the heartbreak of your loss hopefully fades.

Much love,
    Tom

29. Darkwing says:

MAMA: My heart and my love to you. I learned a lot from your site. You have family and friends. I hope that there is no pain. I wish we could have met.

30. Darkwing says:

MAMA: There is little I can say, your site has been informative. You are a wonderful person, it should not happen to you but you have family and friends I wish we had met. My heart and my love to you sweet lady

31. Tahn says:

Oh MamaLiberty,

My heart is on the ground. I’m so glad you have friends and family around. My Love to you, Always.
    Tahn