By Nathan Barton
Good morning, after a lengthy and unplanned weekend with no commentary! My major comment today is in the form of a Baker’s Dozen (TM) on the Economy.
Over the past several weeks, I’ve seen a lot of whinging about comments that Hillary Clinton made concerning her family’s abysmal financial condition. So I have put together A Baker’s Dozen ™ news items that show the Clintons and the rest of the elite are totally divorced from reality.
- According to one recent survey, 26 percent of all Americans have absolutely no emergency savings whatsoever. Nada. Zip. They figure that government or the rest of us will bale them out when they have a problem. And indeed, approximately two-thirds of all Americans do not have enough money saved up to cover six months of expenses if an emergency arose. A lot depend on credit cards, or like those above, on government.
- Close to half of those living in Detroit cannot pay their water bills, which is about the ONLY thing necessary for life in that pitiful excuse for a human city that is not subsidized by government. It is being reported that the United Nations may step in to help (or threaten the US) because, after all, water is a “human right.” One report discovered that 60 percent of all children in the city of Detroit are living in poverty. The underclass is growing, as those who can, flee.
- One out of every three grocery store workers in the state of California is currently receiving public assistance.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, about one out of every six Americans is now living in poverty. The number of Americans living in poverty is now at a level that has not been seen since the 1960s. (Remember or ask your grandparents: When the “War on Poverty” was started because there were too many living in poverty?) Even if you do have a job, that does not mean that you are able to escape poverty in the United States today. In fact, about one out of every four part-time workers in America is now living below the poverty line. No, this isn’t because of evil big corporations starving their workers, but because of Big Government and its unholy alliance WITH big business to trash the dollar and destroy productivity.
- According to numbers provided by Wal-Mart, more than half of their hourly workers make less than $25,000 a year. In large part because most of them are part-time workers, so even if they are well above “minimum wage” they still don’t get a lot for the year. And that is BEFORE theft by government (that is, taxes: no, not income tax but Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid and ObummerCare).
- At this point, one out of every four American workers overall has a job that pays $10 an hour or less. Part-time OR full-time. Of course, this does NOT include a single employee of federal or state government (except possibly junior military personnel).
- The number does not seem right, but it is actually true that half the country makes $27,520 a year or less from their jobs, which (before taxes) translates to $13.23 an hour, including two weeks vacation and paid holidays.
- Right now, one out of every six men in America in their prime working years (25 to 54) do not have a job, and many who DO only have part-time jobs, thanks to ObummerCare and many other government regulations. Half of all college graduates are still financially dependent on their parents even when they are two years out of school. And yet people still claim that a college degree pays for itself!
- One study discovered that nearly half of all public students in the United States come from low income homes. Gee, really? Not all students are from “above-average” homes, like Lake Wobegone?
- It is being projected that approximately 50 percent of all U.S. children will be on food stamps at some point in their lives before they reach the age of 18. And more and more of these are described as “middle class,” as the government continues to destroy the economy.
- It is hard to believe, but right now 1.2 million students that attend public schools in America are homeless. That number has risen by an astounding 72 percent since the start of the last recession, aka the Crash of 2009 and the beginning of the Fuehrer’s occupation of 1600 PA.
- According to a Feeding America hunger study, more than 37 million Americans are now being served by food pantries and soup kitchens. And that does not count people like those college students and many others that are being supported by family or churches.
- Numbers from the U.S. Census Bureau reveal that 49.2 percent of all Americans are now receiving benefits from at least one government program. I do not know whether that includes people who “honorably” retired from civil service (or military) and whether that includes disability due to injury, wounding, or workers comp. It certainly DOES include many people who have SSI and other payments from the government even though they have seldom if ever held a job: the underclass and long-term unemployed in places like … Detroit. And so we have the full circle.
So, not only do people like the Fuehrer and his consort (to say nothing of his spawn) and Bill and Hillary and their babygirl and HER wealthy in-laws, nor 95% of those in the Senate and 80% of those in Congress NOT understand the situation, they CANNOT understand the situation. It isn’t just the 1%, it is the 1/10 of 1% who, like Marie Antoinette and Guinevere, cannot and will not see what is obvious. Or worse, see it and don’t care EXCEPT that with things like this, the world is firmly under their thumb. They are the “godlings” that rule and no one else is really human.
Enough is enough.