By Nathan Barton
Thirteen Things the GOP COULD Do to Make Life Better in America and Won’t between now and January 2017
- Refuse to fund ANY of ObamaCare.
- Refuse to fund NSA activities until NSA stops their tyrannical actions.
- Refuse to fund ALL of the “Czars” and their staff that infest the White House
- Refuse to fund EPA regulation of greenhouse gases like CO2 and methane.
- Refuse to fund any surplus weapons and armored fighting vehicles being transferred from DoD to any “civilian” police force.
- Refuse to fund ALL presidential libraries, including that proposed for the current squatter in 1600 PA.
- Refuse to fund either Commerce or Labor Departments until the White House agrees to sign a law merging the two and cutting out duplicate agencies and spending.
- Refuse to fund any more support for fighting ISIS or doing ANYTHING in Syria or “Iraq.”
- Refuse to fund any White House staff salaries – including that of the squatter – until the squatter signs a pledge to do nothing about immigration.
- Refuse to fund ANY Interior and Agriculture Department functions if there are any additions “by decree” to national parks, national monuments, wilderness areas, “special study areas” or anything else to take federal land away from productive use.
- Enforce the “seventy-two hour” rule for ANY legislation to pass through EITHER HOUSE of Congress: that the public (and Congress) has seventy-two hours to review ANY legislation after it has been amended before it is voted on.
- Enforce the “one subject only” rule on ANY legislation.
- Refuse to pass ANY legislation which does not have a cost analysis attached which has not been reviewed and accepted by a minimum of thirteen state legislatures.
The first ten of these have to do with the power of the purse: Congress can use that power – to refuse to authorize spending, to both prohibit the executive branch from doing things, and to require the executive branch to do something. The last three have to do with internal procedures over which the White House (and the Supreme Court) have NO power. It is time for the Imperial Congress to end the Imperial Presidency.
But of course, Congress, chockful of the GOP as it is, will STILL refuse to do anything at all like this.