By Nathan Barton
The entire Democratic and neverTrumper Republican effort on the 2020 election, together with dozens of news stories on a weekly basis reveals that the enemies of liberty are desperate and fearful. Even if their object of attack (Trump) is worthy of attack for the many faults and actions we must live with constantly.
At the same time, they present no real alternative to the current administration. There is no way that we could expect anything better from a Sanders or Biden or Warren or Romney or Pence administration. Different flavors: same poison.
It is time, I believe, for lovers of liberty and friends of freedom to go on the offensive – to literally offend against these people who are daily demonstrating their insanity.
Insanity? For example, the behavior of many of the Democrats who seek to challenge the current Massa next year has demonstrated their madness:
- The former Texan congressman (worthy successor of scum like LBJ) who has openly stated (with agreement from the others) his intent to disarm Americans.
- The former cabinet member who previously stated that the “right” of government-funded abortions should be extended to “transgender” illegal immigrant “women,” who launched a vicious, lying attack against one of the other nine.
- The former veep who supposedly leads the pack, unable to even speak clearly, much less tell the truth about his own past actions.
- The “crusading” former California Attorney General who demonstrates her immorality not just in her sluttish ways but in her political swinging, embracing the legalization of something she fought like a true believer.
- The over-the-hill, self-proclaimed socialist who hypocritically betrays his own employees and seems intent on giving away to anyone everything that his regime could steal from virtually everyone.
- And so on.
It is clear that these people (and their backers, supporters, and sycophants) have no problem with offending in many ways. They constantly offend against the basic law of the land (the Constitution) while they pretend to follow it. They offend against millions of Americans by seeking constantly to take away our liberty.
But the other old party is no better. They blow with the wind. They continually find ways to betray the principles they claim to have stood for – in some cases for more than a century. They demonstrate not just incompetence at their chosen (if immoral) profession but any evidence of ability or willingness to learn. Their hypocrisy about “Protecting Freedom” grows constantly. If they profess to want to steal less, to regulate less, and to lord it over us more moderately than the Dems (I’m not convinced), they still embrace theft, tyranny, and arrogance.
Lovers of liberty have for the most part responded by turning the other cheek. Submitting (even if reluctantly) with many of their edicts – ignoring those we can. Usually not attacking them ad hominem or with the vitriolic response their stupid, even evil, ideas deserve.
At the same time as their own attacks on each other are more and more disgusting. Not only done with other people’s money (stolen or extorted), but at the expense of doing the duties which they have voluntarily (and eagerly!) accepted. Again, duties that are immoral, evil, and completely opposed to liberty.
Maybe it is time to change, no? Maybe we are at a point where we must call a spade a spade. To call them out for the thieves, the bullies, the extorters, the abusers which they are. In practice, whatever they claim.
To not worry about being tactful or unoffending. To point out (gleefully or not) that when they point a finger at each other, they are pointing three more back at themselves. To “read them from the Book” and point out that all of them, and their predecessors, are responsible for the wreck they have made of the Fifty States, our culture, our society, our economy, and our freedoms.
I’m not talking about ad hominem attacks, or personal attacks. I am simply talking about pointing out their own words and their own actions, in the light of day. Their actions, and the actions of those they associate and affiliate with.
Or how about just asking questions that point out their insanity, hypocrisy, inconsistency, and hatred of liberty? But not just to other lovers of liberty? Rather, in the public forum.
Let me know your thoughts.