I happened to look at the “news” today… an increasingly rare thing as the world seems to spiral into more and more insanity. I didn’t click the “more” link on any of them, and found myself responding to most of them this way:
1. Who honestly cares? I do not recognize any other person or entity as having any legitimate authority over my life or property.
2. So what? I do not recognize any obligation not to “offend” or hurt the feelings of others by my honest thoughts and words. I will never willingly harm an innocent person, but I have no obligation to cater to their ideas of politically correct speech or behavior. I am obligated only not to aggress against them… or anyone else.
3. None of my business.
4. I have no idea who this is… (Obviously a product of not reading the “news” or looking at any “entertainment” sources. I don’t have a TV, and don’t go to movies…)
5. or, again, why would I care what they think or believe? Has nothing to do with me… or at least shouldn’t.
6. I don’t want or need any “president” or other “representative.” I don’t “vote” or engage in any political activities.
7. I have zero interest in anything to do with the “constitution” or any other document pretending to represent the bogus “authority” of government.
On the other hand, this is what I base my beliefs and opinions on:
1. I own my life and body. I am completely responsible for that life and body.
2. I owe “allegiance” to no person or entity on earth, including any “god”… If I choose to obligate myself, I will fulfill my commitment.
3. What I do “owe,” to every person on earth, is non-aggression. I will not attack or harm any innocent being if I can at all avoid it.
4. By the same logic and necessity, I will defend myself – including the use of lethal force – if attacked.
5. I will mind my own business, and seriously encourage everyone else to do the same.
What I can’t figure out is why anyone would base their life on anything else.