By Nathan Barton
Wake up to the real world, people! L. Neil Smith, the SF writer, is one of those who has, and although his language sounds inflammatory and harsh, I think he is coming down about right. Read his column on The Libertarian Enterprise now.
I know, I can hear it now. All the usual folks are screaming that the Paris attacks are a “false-flag” planned and carried out by (pick any or all): The FedGov, the Israelis, the Zionists (not necessarily the same thing), the Council on Foreign Affairs, the House of Windsor, the House of Hapsburg (Merovingians), the Priory of Sion, the Third (or Fourth or Fifth) International, the Clintons, the Bushs, the Skull and Bones Society, and for all I know the KKK and NSDAP. ISIS/ISIL/IL/Dawah (the Caliphate) is a tool or creation of NATO, MI6, CIA, Mossad, etc.
Folks, it does NOT matter. It does not matter whether the attackers are dyed-in-the-wool believers in 72 virgins, Mohammed (peanut-butter-und-honig), and jihad, or drugged-out mercenaries. It does not matter if they dreamed this up all by themselves are are taking orders from the Caliph or Netanyahu or W or Putin or Whitehall. It does not matter if this is a “trick” to use as an excuse to crush Syria or open a second front against the Russians, or get more chaos in Syria and Mesopotamia and Canaan or not.
What matters is that in a matter of minutes, more than a hundred unsuspecting, unarmed, unprepared civilians were gunned down and killed, and hundreds more wounded, in a city and country where only the security forces are supposed to be armed. In the heart of the capital of the fifth or sixth most powerful state and nation on the planet: a nation armed with nuclear missiles and capable of attacking targets with conventional or chemical or nuclear weapons thousands of miles away. Where people were killed with no chance of defending themselves because (a) they were unarmed, (b) they were stupidly convinced of the ability of the state to protect them, (c) they were unprepared to defend themselves with whatever they DID have (bare hands or soft drinks or laser pointers or whatever), and (d) they were MADE that way intentionally by their so-called authorities and protectors.
What DOES matter is for whatever reason or reasons: faith or madness or drugs or money, there are hundreds of thousands of people who can and do have weapons and explosives and are willing to KILL and to DIE. (For many, the question is not whether or not they die, but how many they kill BEFORE they die.) And if they have the opportunity, they will KILL YOU, your wife or husband, your parents or children, your neighbors, and … even your PETS.
What can we do? Well, “We are all Parisians now,” is a load of garbage. Considering the idiot that spouted that line (Kerry), no surprise there. We are NOT Parisians: the descendants of the survivors (yes, not “victors” even in WW1) of a minimum of three nasty, bloody wars in which the Tricolor was replaced more often than not with a white flag. We are NOT unarmed fools who cannot defend their homes, their families (especially wives and daughters) against the murdering savages (NOT “barbarians” – barbarians have morals and personal responsibility) whom they have allowed (OR INVITED) into their communities, and who now rule the streets of more and more of Paris and its suburbs by night AND day. We are NOT people who have given up their ancient faith in God for a horrific and totally-misplaced faith in “humanity” and government and Barney the dinosaur philosophy and psychiatry. We are NOT the French, who have sold their ancient honor and culture for … what? Not even a bowl of oatmeal.
So what can we do? Alan Korwin suggests training: “Jihad Resistance 101” in the Daily Caller. World Net Daily and the talk show hosts (Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity, etc.) seem mostly to demand all-out war on the Muslim World, together with (as suggested by some Democratic retired general) internment camps and (as suggested by a presidential candidate) closing all mosques. Another presidential candidate calls for more understanding and more refugees be allowed to come to Europe and America (together with a good many serving European leaders). Still another one blames it on manmade global warming and demands THAT be the priority. The French struck “back” by attacking what seem to be mostly civilian targets in a Syrian city, sure to be followed up by more.
Alan is probably a lot closer to the needed action than anyone else (well, other than L. Neil). But even he doesn’t really outline much. So here is my two cents’ worth:
1. If you aren’t already, ARM yourself, your FAMILY, and if possible, get your neighbors to arm themselves. And again, if you don’t have enough, get ammo. Ammo for training, ammo for practice, and ammo for anyone daring to attack you or your family or your community or the stranger driving or walking by.
2. TRAIN yourself: not just defensive handgun use, for concealed or open carry, but on every weapon you own or have access to, and for as many situations and scenarios as you can afford time and money to do. And not just Alan’s JR101. Train for home invasions, train for when the thugs show up at your kid’s football or basketball game or your favorite convenience store or cloth shop. Train yourself for situational awareness. Train your family on HOW and WHEN to shoot, and what to do when they CAN’T shoot. HOW and WHEN to run and hide, and what to do when they CAN’T.
3. Prepare yourself: not just situational awareness and carrying a weapon and ammo, but having back-up and communication, and alternate avenues of approach and departure, of what to do to avoid being identified by others as an attacker, and what you need to deal with if you actually kill someone.
4. Prioritize your life. Do you REALLY need to rent two movies a week? Or eat out at the Pizza Place every week? Or really, cable TV? Or even (and here I realize I speak heresy) that hot new FiveSeveN? When a Kaer or even (gasp) a HiPoint will do? Do you have what you need for that blizzard or flood or fire or attack? Do you have what you need for when the cops aren’t coming to help you but to get you? or your food? or your weapons?
5. Don’t go all nutso. Keep calm. Talk with your neighbors, be helpful and friendly. Don’t come off as paranoid or nutty. Help them in small things, ask for help with small things (or at least don’t turn them down). Keep a relatively low profile.