Baker’s Dozen ™ Reasons for Terrorism
By Nathan Barton
Another week: another seven days and a half-dozen terrorist attacks each day: another few hundred people dead around the world. At least we are finally to the end of Ramadan: 30 days, 1850 people known dead in 238 recorded attacks, according to constitution.com.
Check which of the following reasons might explain why someone launches a “terrorist attack” in some location, killing (or trying to kill) people:
1. Because his target is in a country of which the government is killing people in his home country (or where he came from).
2. Because he is an evil psychopath/sociopath who burned the wings off bugs when he was little and wants the thrill of killing people.
3. Because he had an unhappy love affair, wants to kill himself, but wants to go out with a bang and make the family understand how miserable and powerful he was.
4. Because he is a brainwashed and deluded follower of a rabid political philosophy that encourages him to go out and kill people.
5. Because he is a brainwashed and deluded follower of a religion which believes its enemies must be killed and by doing so, even if he dies himself doing it, he will receive great rewards in the afterlife.
6. Because he is an unwitting tool of a government black operative who is using him to create an excuse for more control/laws/tyranny.
7. Because he is seeking revenge for a family member or loved one or public figure he respected.
8. Because he believes he is the tool of some deity whose voice told him to do it.
9. Because he believes he IS a deity and that sinners must be punished.
10. Because he is a loyal and patriotic soldier in his nation’s service and this is necessary to accomplish the objectives of his nation and its government.
11. Because he is a wannabe thriller writer and wants to make sure that the key to his plot really is going to work.
12. Because he is confused and thinks he is in a virtual reality first-person shooter game, and is going for bonus points.
13. Because someone has or is paying him loads and loads of money to go out and do it.
The answer, of course, can be ANY of these, and undoubtedly many more. And there is nothing to say that someone might have MULTIPLE REASONS for committing an act of terrorism. For example, they might be seeking revenge AND be a brainwashed and deluded member of a religious sect. And also suicidal because of an unhappy love affair. Indeed, just one of these reasons seems to be unlikely to push a person to doing more than just talking and dreaming about doing the nasty deed. Two, three, or even four reasons are necessary to motivate something that is (by most standards) evil madness.
That is why the garbage being published time and time again by the likes of Hillary Clinton and George W Bush and the current DHS Secretary and NSA chief and the brass hats at the Pentagon, as well as the politicos in the Capitol is garbage. They want to argue over “why” and brush over the “how” because their main effort is to keep and grow their power and wealth and prestige.
Yet another reason government is bad for us. It encourages stupidity like this and causes people to lash out.
Enough is enough.